- 8S TTS 2.0T I4 [MQB]
- 8V S3 2.0T I4 [MQB]
- MK7 R 2.0T I4 [MQB]
STOPTECH Big Brake Kit MQB AWD
- First, larger rotors increase heat capacity, allowing a driver to brake harder stop-after-stop with reduced chance of fade.
- Second, stiffer calipers and stainless steel lines reduce system compliance, providing consistent pedal feel and confidence-inspiring responsiveness.
The key, however, is to increase heat capacity and reduce compliance without upsetting a vehicle's stock front-to-rear brake torque ratio. That is why StopTech® developed the Balanced Brake Upgrade®design philosophy, which precisely apportions front and rear braking resources while factoring in vehicle weight transfer under braking.
Every StopTech Balanced Big Brake Kit is engineered to produce that optimal balance usingcaliper bores and pistons specifically selected and tested for each vehicle application. This is what sets StopTech apart from off-the-shelf solutions.
In contrast, a brake upgrade that adds too much front torque (as many do), will reduce your car's ability to maximize the traction available from all four tires, robbing you of performance. In addition, a system that uses too many pistons or pistons that are too large will make the brake pedal much more difficult to modulate, limiting a driver's control of brake input.
Features and Benefits:
- Balanced Brake Upgrades® with optimum brake bias offer the shortest stopping distance with the best pedal feel.
- Patented AeroRotors® offer the best airflow available for better cooling, less fade and longer rotor and pad life.
- StopTech® provides the stiffest fully-forged aftermarket calipers with patented, removable bridges that provide better clamping under hard braking and less pad taper.
- StopTech® Big Brake Kit components are made in the USA in a 70,000 square foot California manufacturing, engineering, and R&D center.