BMW has a knack for maintaining its stake as the benchmark when it comes to performance luxury vehicles, with the F8X generation being no exception. The S55 that powers the 2015–2020 BMW F8X M3, M4, and M2 Competition is dripping with technology, which includes an air-to-water intercooling system as a means of keeping cool. Where BMW’s intercooling system design was enough to help bring this generation of mid-sized M’s to their peak, we here at Mishimoto found some weaknesses that we felt obliged to address, with a power bundle consisting of our full Performance Intercooler Product suite.
The Mishimoto 2015–2020 BMW F8X M3/M4 Performance Intercooler Power Pack counters the weaknesses in BMW’s design, starting with the charge pipes. Cracking under pressure or splitting at the seams are common problems with factory plastic charge pipes. These can result in less than ideal situations as you pilot your M3 or M4. We created a brand-new design for the charge pipes that inspire more confidence in handling the boost pressure. Our design features a full aluminum construction with a cast midsection designed specifically to squeeze past the intake. Our charge pipe kit also includes a pair of matte black silicone couplers for a sleek and secure connection to the intercooler.
The nondescript silver box is out, and the stylish new Mishimoto Performance Air-to-Water Intercooler is in. With a new look, our design fits perfectly in the M3 and M4’s engine bay, both in terms of installation and aesthetics. The beauty is more than just skin deep. Our improved core design features a bar-and-plate core with a 29% increase in core volume, as well as a unique single-pass coolant flow layout for optimal heat transfer. Combined with our 16% increase in flow through the core, we were able to record a 12°F temperature drop in intake air temperatures while testing our full Power Pack. An air-to-water intercooling system wouldn’t be complete without the heat exchanger. When it came to BMW’s design, it was a solid foundation, but we still saw room to grow, literally. Our full aluminum design added 6” to the height of the core, equating in a 180% increase in external fin surface area and a 60% increase in core volume. With our heat exchanger in the S55’s system, we recorded a 10°F drop in global intercooler coolant temperatures and an average gain of 11 whp and 8 wtq when the full Mishimoto 2015–2020 BMW F8X Performance Intercooler Power Pack was tested on our Stage 1 tuned M3. For added security, we made sure to include our optional steel mesh stone guard with the Mishimoto Performance Heat exchanger to keep all the tubes and fins intact. We also utilized a variable fin pitch on our heat exchanger’s core for optimal cooling on DCT-equipped vehicles.
- Direct fit for the BMW F8X M3, M4, and M2 Competition
- Performance Intercooler, Heat Exchanger, and Charge Pipe Kit
- 12°F drop in intake air temperatures
- 10°F reduction in global intercooler coolant temperatures
- Dyno-proven average power gains of 11WHP and 8WTQ
- peak gains of up to 31WHP and 10WTQ
- Bar-and-plate, single-pass coolant passage design
- Cast aluminum end tanks for optimal flow and capacity
- Intercooler core volume increased by 29%
- 16% improved flow
- Heat Exchanger features all-aluminum construction
- 180% increase in fin surface area
- 60% increase in core volume
- Heat exchanger includes optional stone guard
- Heat Exchanger utilizes variable fin pitch
- Charge Pipe Kit feature full aluminum construction
- Charge pipes include matte silicone couplers
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Mishimoto Performance Air-To-Water Intercooler Power Pack
|F30 · F80 M3 3.0T I6 [S55]||+|
|F32 · F33 · F36 · F82 · F83 M4 3.0T I6 [S55]||+|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.