Product Questions & Answers
Product Questions & Answers
Be the first to ask a question!
The ultimate in VW & Audi Connecting Rod Strength from IE, these 144X22 Tuscan I-beam Connecting Rods for your 2.0T TSI (EA888 Gen 1, 2, 3) engine when used with aftermarket pistons, will provide incredible strength against extreme performance builds in a lightweight package.
Tuscan connecting rods represent the leading edge of technology for bottom end strength, reliability, and light-weight engineering staff utilizes the most modern technology to optimize these rods to a level never before seen at the enthusiast level. Give your engine a reliably strong connecting rod set that is rated for engines up to 1000BHP!
IE Tuscan rods for turbocharged applications feature a robust I-Beam design for incredible bending and torsional stiffness. Additionally, an extensive iterative process leads to the unique Egg shape of our rod beams, which lowers stresses as much as 20% compared to less evolved designs. This shape very evenly distributes the high compressive loading from a turbocharged engine onto the connecting rod beam. We then validated this success with over 18 months of field testing, powering numerous 4 cylinder VW / Audi engines with over 1000 bhp! In addition to being tough, IE Tuscan rods are also designed to minimize unnecessary weight on the connecting rod for an ultra-balanced weight to strength ratio. Our engineering staff has spent countless hours trimming the fat- leaving exactly what is needed to get the reliability you want, with the weight you don't.
- Unique I-Beam design offers incredible bending and torsional stiffness
- Includes Spec ARP 2000 Rod Bolts with "IE" stamp to ensure a genuine product
- Application specific design optimized for the MK7/MQB platform
- Industry leading connecting rod strength-to-weight ration
- Honed to exacting tolerances within 250 millionths of an inch
- Forced pin oiling (rifle drilling) provides long wrist pin longevity
- Each connecting rod set is balanced to weights within +/- 1 gram
- Forged from vacuum drawn 2-piece 4340 chrome moly steel
- Dimensionally and Magnaflux inspected for extreme reliability
- Combination tested to over 1000BHP on 4-Cylinder engines
- Multi-Stage heat treated for dimensional stability and fatigue life
- Integrated Engineering Tuscan I-Beam Connecting Rods
|5NA Tiguan 2.0T I4 [MQB]||+|
|8J TT 2.0T I4||+|
|8P A3 2.0T I4||+|
|8S TT 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
|8S TTS 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
|8V A3 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
|8V S3 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
|B8 A4 2.0T I4||+|
|B8 A5 2.0T I4||+|
|C7 A6 2.0T I4||+|
|MK5 GTI 2.0T I4|
|MK6 GTI 2.0T I4|
|MK7 GTI 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
|MK7 R 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
A must on big turbo
Another solid product from IE. This paired with some pistons you are looking at a 800+ hp block. Checked weight of the rods compared to the sheet that comes with each kit. spot on and with ARP bolts you know that caps are staying on. You want HP go big turbo. You want reliable HP without wary of you engine internals get IE rods.