IE's HPFP internals upgrade kit for the Audi 3.0TFSI Supercharged engines is perfect for the DIY user looking to upgrade their factory-equipped HPFP pump body with new higher flowing internals. These USA-engineered and manufactured parts will reliably transform your stock pump housing into a high-flow fuel pump for use on dual pulley ECU tunes to provide enough flow for ethanol fuel blends. The 11.67mm piston is the largest sized diameter possible within the fuel-pump body.
The 3.0TFSI HPFP is an integral part of the direct injection fuel system and provides exceptionally high-pressure (exceeding 2900psi) to the injectors. When running dual pulley upgrades on ethanol fuel, the stock HPFP internal volume becomes the limiting factor. IE's HPFP internals install into your factory pump housing and increase the bore and piston size of the pump internals, allowing more flow, delivering more fuel, and allowing for more horsepower & torque.
Every piston and cylinder is CNC machined to exacting sizes, assembled, and measured as a matching set in-house. Tolerances are hand-verified using specialized measurement tools and verified down to 0.00005 of an inch to ensure reliability and proper function.
Many aftermarket options use a stepped-diameter piston in a cost-saving effort to reuse the factory seal. This design dramatically reduces the contact between the pin and cylinder leading to increased wear. IE HPFP assemblies use a constant diameter pin which maintains its size through the entire piston shaft. This engineering detail increases the contact between the pin and cylinder by over 50%, increasing pin stability and an even greater displacement.
Our own CNC-machined seal housing is home to an incredibly reliable molybdenum disulphide seal, which is ideal for reducing friction and maintaining stiffness. The seal is spring energized to increase stregnth and provide constant outward pressure. The body is sealed to the pump with a quality Buna-N (acrylonitrile butadiene) rubber o ring, ensuring it will hold up against heat and a wide range of fuels. What may seem like minor features add up to ensure long life and a trouble-free operation.
Every IE internal kit is run on our own application-specific fuel pump dyno to verify proper function and break-in before being packaging. This strict QC process, combined with our 100% in-house CNC machining and top-shelf components, is why IE HPFPs have earned their rock-solid reputation for extreme reliability.
Engineered & manufactured in the USA
Disassembly & assembly of the factory 3.0T HPFP housing requires a specialty tool to assemble the pump body. We have designed and manufactured our steel HPFP tool to fit directly to 1/2" drive socket. This offers a fast install with reliable torque spec to complete the install process without any hassles.
HPFP Socket Tool sold separately
- HPFP internal DIY kit -upgrade your stock pump internals
- HPFP upgrade for ethanol tunes
- Reliably adds a larger fuel ceiling for increased flow
- The piston diameter increased to 11.67mm
- Largest stroke volume available
- Broken-in and bench tested on in-house pump dyno
- Constant diameter piston design for long-life operation
- Retains OE spring to avoid increased camshaft wear
- Tool steel DLC-coated pin
- Nitrided tool steel cylinder
- Molybdenum disulphide impregnated leak-free seal
- Stainless steel seal body
- Buna-N rubber oil-resistant o ring
- Individually tested and verified for extreme tolerances
- Engineered, designed, & manufactured in the USA
- Integrated Engineering High Pressure Fuel Pump Internal Upgrade Kit
- 2016-2017 A6 & A7 CREC 3.0T engines are equipped with both direct injeciton (DI) and manifold injection (MPI) and do not require HPFP upgrades for ethanol use. Compatible IE software tuning is not available for HPFP use on CREC engines. CREC engine is also found in ROW (rest-of-world) markets on some late-model S4 & S5 3.0T as well. CREC engines are easily identified as the supercharger pulley has 4 bolts to attach it to the supercharger instead of a press-fit style.