No drone, minimal bends, maximum flow, and push-button attitude. The SwitchPath™ Exhaust comprises 3-inch U.S.-sourced T304L stainless steel featuring a bespoke, straight-through center resonator featuring AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, tuned specifically for the 4.0TT.
Maintaining and utilizing the factory valve behavior, SwitchPath™ tech obeys orders given via the MMI and Drive Select to determine its mood just as the stock exhaust would.
The closed valve experience:
When the valves are closed, the SwitchPath™ Exhaust produces a refined, sophisticated soundtrack – no metallic sounds when on the throttle. At cruising speeds, interior acoustics are close to stock with no drone thanks to the 180 Technology® resonator in the center. SwitchPath™ tech also responds perfectly to the commands given via Drive Select, so if you drop the hammer while cruising, expect it to behave just like factory.
The opened valve experience:
Open the valves and the 4.0TT’s roar is uncorked. Dynamic mode achieves the ultimate contrast in behavior when compared to comfort driving modes (valves closed). The exhaust note is powerful, clean, and aggressive. Thanks to the 180 Technology®-equipped resonator in the center, drone-prone frequencies are still kept in check while allowing the exhaust note to reach full aggression.
Sound Perfection thanks to 180 Technology®:
As exhaust gases exit the 4.0TT engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. Call it science, call it magic, or call it 180 Technology® by AWE.
AWE ReflecTip™ Technology:
Given the RS’ interior sound deadening, it made hearing the enhanced exhaust sound a challenge. This challenge birthed AWE’s parabolic tip design–the ReflecTip–engineered to reflect the exhaust note toward the driver so you can get the dose of excitement you crave when driving your RS. They’re 31% larger than the stock tips, fill the valance perfectly, and come standard in AWE’s signature diamond black finish. They mount independently to the bumper via included brackets allowing them to float around the outlets of the SwitchPath™ exhaust, reflect off of the inner geometry of the tips, and back towards you, the captain of the rocket ship.
- 50-state emissions-compliant dual 3” catback exhaust
- A bespoke SwitchPath™ design featuring patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®
- Respect the oval: proprietary parabolic ReflecTip™ design amplifies exhaust note towards the driver
- Dyno-proven max gains of 8 hp and 14 lb-ft of torque at the wheels
- Maintains factory valve behavior via MMI and Drive Select
- Post-catalyst downpipes feature factory-matched flanges and robust flex sections to absorb engine movement
- Independently-mounted tip brackets secure to the bumper via factory locations
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design for maximum performance and tone
- Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house, in the USA
- Fits models with and without rear-wheel steering
- Pure bolt-on, no-cutting required
- Perfect Fitment Guarantee
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- Lifetime warranty
- AWE Tuning Exhaust
|C8 RS6 4.0T V8|
|C8 RS7 4.0T V8|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.