The APR DTR6054 is a direct turbocharger replacement for the EA888 Gen 3 Engine. This upgrade includes matching software for various vehicles and mods, and provides up to 491 HP and 425 FT-LBS of torque, depending on vehicle platform and fueling, all while keeping emissions components unmodified. The software supports premium pump fuel grades, race fuel grades, and even Ethanol on the Golf R, S3 and TT S platform with fueling upgrades! For dedicated race cars the turbocharger is designed with plenty of headroom to go even further on your own! This is a brand new turbo designed and developed by APR from the ground up. It does not require a core, and there's no additional downtime associated with other upgrade styles. The turbo bolts to the factory location and connects to factory or upgraded components.
Since this turbo was designed from the ground up, and doesn't use any of the factory or factory cloned housings or internals, we had complete control over the design. We've upgraded the CHRA to feature German dual ceramic ball-bearings for smooth and reliable operation with better transient response. This also does away with the failure-prone journal bearing design on the factory turbochargers. Next the compressor cover was upgraded with an appropriate A/R matched to our larger billet aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum 60mm compressor wheel. We've also included a large turbo inlet pipe that perfectly matches the turbo's anti-surge compressor cover and connects directly to your factory or upgraded intake system. We've completely done away with the turbo muffler assembly providing the turbo with a larger outlet and smoother transition. The compressor cover even includes a port for a turbocharger shaft speed sensor should one suit your build.
The turbine side of the turbocharger also benefits from our ground-up design. The turbine housing is cast with 310 stainless steel that's designed to take the heat an abuse seen on a road course. The turbine A/R is perfectly matched to our new nickel-based superalloy K418 54mm turbine wheel. The system will see low exhaust gas temperature, low exhaust back pressure, low turbo discharge temperature, and low shaft speeds because the system has been properly designed from the ground up for the prescribed power levels. Of course, each rotating group is VSR balanced for reliable operation. This all lends well for customers who plan to use this turbo on a dedicated race car as it has the headroom necessary to push the system further on their own.
Each kit includes the complete turbocharger with compressor inlet pipe, compressor outlet hose, t-bolt clamps, gaskets, o-rings, exhaust ring, exhaust v-band, exhaust manifold gasket, new studs, bolts, and washers, all new oil and coolant line o-rings, and our ECU Upgrades for select vehicles. The upgrade uses your factory electronic wastegate and diverter valve, and connects to your factory exhaust, intake, turbo outlet pipe, and oil and coolant lines. This system has seen many road course track days and extensive testing to ensure longevity and reliability of the setup in the harshest of conditions. This setup does not spike torque hard or run on the edge of what the factory rods and pistons have been known to handle, making it as safe on the stock engine as we can for these power levels. Go APR!
Please note that 1.8T models are physically compatible with the system, but may require custom tuning by a third party.
- New DTR6054 direct turbocharger replacement designed by APR
- Direct bolt-on to MQB platform EA888 gen 3 engines
- Included software included produces up to 491 HP depending on platform and configuration
- Plenty of turbocharger headroom for even more power in ‚¬œrace only‚¬� configurations
- Over 30% compressor flow compared to the factory Golf R, S3, and TT S IS38 turbocharger
- Included software remains emissions compliant and uses your factory exhaust
- Included software designed for use on a factory engine (See notes)
- Included software tested at various road courses
- Various software levels depending on fueling modifications, including stock fueling
- Supports 91, 93, 100, and 104 AKI in all configurations
- Supports E60-E85 with fueling upgrades (Golf R/S3/TT S platform only)
- German dual ceramic ball bearing center section
- Vibration sort rig (VSR) balanced turbocharger center housing rotating assembly (CHRA)
- Excellent transient response
- Aircraft-grade billet 6061 aluminum 60mm compressor wheel
- Anti-surge compressor cover
- Oversized cast turbo inlet pipe
- Perfectly matched compressor cover area over radius (A/R)
- Machined turbocharger speed sensor port with included billet block off plug
- Silicone discharge hose with APR EZ-flow stepped lips included (No turbo muffler)
- Integrated diverter valve (DV) port
- Nickle-based superalloy K418 high-flow 54mm turbine wheel
- High temperature 310 stainless steel turbine housing
- Perfectly matched turbine A/R
- All necessary hardware, gaskets, and clamps included
- Connects to your factory components and reuses factory wastegate and DV
- Fueling kits available for maximum power (Golf R, S3, and TT S platform only)
- Incredible value with support and directions included
- APR DTR6054 Turbocharger
|8S TT 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
|8S TTS 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
|8V A3 1.8T I4 [MQB]|
|8V A3 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
|8V S3 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
|MK7 Golf 1.8T I4 [MQB]|
|MK7 Golf Alltrack 1.8T I4 [MQB]|
|MK7 Golf Sportwagen 1.8T I4 [MQB]||+|
|MK7 GTI 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
|MK7 Jetta · GLI 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
|MK7 R 2.0T I4 [MQB]|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.