Product Questions & Answers
Product Questions & Answers
Be the first to ask a question!
CARB AND / OR EPA COMPLIANCE TESTING NOT COMPLETED
While we believe this product is either CARB EO exemption applicable, or complies with the EPA's Anti-Tampering Policy, we have not completed the required testing and administrative process at this time. This product is not available to purchase for emissions-controlled vehicles located within the state of California, or available to ship to California addresses, without a completed AMS Race Waiver form. International users outside of the United States should act in accordance with their local laws and regulations.
As horsepower numbers rise, so do temperatures through the BMW B58’s intercooling system. In order to cool down that hot intake charge air coming from the turbocharger, you need a highly efficient heat exchange process which is where the AMS Performance BMW B58 Intake Manifold comes in. With our unique parallel twin core design, we are able to route coolant flow in the most efficient way possible giving us unparalleled cooling efficiency over the competition. The AMS Performance BMW B58 Intake Manifold also provides for an auxiliary port fuel injection solution by way of its flush mounted -8AN fuel rail, giving the atomized fuel a nearly unimpeded path to the combustion chamber. Our superior engineering yields superior results.
The AMS Snailworks© Engineering Team has designed the AMS Performance BMW B58 Intake Manifold to be a direct bolt-in install without hacking up your prized possession. The manifold is fully compatible with A/C, power steering, oil filter cap, and all other factory options, and is easily reversible back to stock with a few inexpensive replacement parts. The design of the new AMS Performance BMW B58 Intake Manifold positions it to be the best performing, highest quality, and easiest to install manifold on the market.
Our AMS Snailworks© Engineering Team has spent hundreds of R&D hours refining the AMS Performance BMW B58 Intake Manifold to be as efficient and effective as possible. Utilizing Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis software, our team has been able to verify the geometry of our A356 T6 cast aluminum plenum and runners to optimize mass flow rate distribution to each cylinder. By taking this additional design step, our engineers have gone the extra mile and allowed for an equalization of airflow to within .5% to each individual cylinder port!
The 3.0L B58 engine found in various modern BMW models is a German engineering marvel. Unfortunately, the factory direct injection system is not conducive to making high horsepower or using ethanol flex fuel, which has led many owners to install port fuel injector spacers sandwiched between the cylinder head and factory intake manifold. During the R&D process of the AMS Performance BMW B58 Intake Manifold, our team knew they wanted to incorporate an optimally designed secondary port fuel injection solution as an option for customers.
By moving the injector ports onto the manifold runners themselves, we are able to properly angle injector nozzles directly at the intake valve and combustion chamber instead of at the wall of the intake runners where fuel can puddle. Our team went one step further with this concept by flush mounting the -8AN fuel rail to the manifold and pocketing the runners to allow the injectors to have an even more direct path to spray perfectly atomized fuel to the engine for maximum combustion efficiency.
- 1250+ HP RATED PARALLEL AIR-TO-WATER INTERCOOLER CORES FOR SUPERIOR COOLING
- AUXILIARY PORT FUEL RAIL WITH -8AN SIDE PORTS FOR EXPANDED FUELING OPTIONS
- COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS (CFD) VERIFIED DESIGN FOR EVEN AIRFLOW DISTRIBUTION
- PROPERLY ANGLED PORT INJECTION FOR IMPROVED FUEL ATOMIZATION
- 135% LARGER CORE AREA COMPARED TO OEM
- THREE (3) EXTRA -4AN ORB PORTS LOCATED ON PLENUM FOR VACUUM SOURCE POINTS
- INCLUDES ALL ANCILLARY COMPONENTS, INCLUDING ALL HARDWARE, LINES, AND FITTINGS
- AMS Performance Intake Manifold w/ Parallel Air-to-Water Intercooler Cores
- AMS Performance Auxiliary Fuel Rail and Port Plugs (Injectors Available Separately)
- AMS Performance Ancillary Components — Including all Hardware, Lines, and Fittings
- 2019+ BMW M340i – w/ B58 3.0L Turbo Engine (Incl. G20 and G21 chassis)
- These vehicles have not been test fit in-house by our engineers, but are likely to be compatible with minimal to no alterations. Note that model years may vary by country and manifold will only have the potential for compatibility with Gen 2/B58c or newer B58 engines.
- 2020+ BMW M440i – w/ B58 3.0L Turbo Engine (Incl. G22, G23 and G26 chassis)
- 2018+ BMW M540i/M540iX – w/ B58 3.0L Turbo Engine (Incl. G30 and G31 chassis)
- 2018+ BMW Z4 M40i – w/ B58 3.0L Turbo Engine (Incl. G29 chassis)
- Various 2018+ BMW 6, 7, 8, and X Series Applications w/ B58 3.0L Turbo Engine
- Fuel rail is designed for Bosch injectors such as Injector Dynamics 1050.34.14.14.6. Other Bosch injectors may be compatible with 14mm bore lower and upper o-rings and no top cap.
- Does not fit with OEM engine cover.
- Designed for use with OEM oil filter cap. Aftermarket oil filter cap fitment not guaranteed.
|G11 740i 3.0T I6 [B58]||+|
|G20 M340i 3.0T I6 [B58]||+|
|G22 M440i 3.0T [B58]||+|
|G29 Z4 M40i 3.0T I6 [B58]|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.