Product Questions & Answers
Product Questions & Answers
Be the first to ask a question!
Let us preface by boldly stating this is NOT a universal product, but rather handcrafted to fit the Volkswagen MK8 Golf R accurately and specifically. Isn’t that such a refreshing statement? Gone are the days of “universal” parts that yield lackluster results. This product DOES NOT fit the standard Golf TSI or TDI.
Rear Diffuser Construction
The aerofabb® Competition Series Rear Diffuser main plane, side planes, and forward flat floor are constructed from a light weight, precision machined 5052 Aluminum which is finished in lightly textured and durable matte black powder coat.
No need to worry about bending or cracking Diffuser Strakes. Our easily replaceable/durable strake design is made from a high-impact/heat-resistant plastic. We look at this component as a “wear” item. This innovative design allows for load to be placed on the strakes if and when there is contact with the roads surface, without sacrificing durability. No need to replace an entire unit if it comes to the point of excessive “wear”.
5052 Aluminum was the choice for our CNC machined/press brake bent brackets with four of them featuring pre-installed nuts for painless installation.
Stainless Steel Metric hardware is used throughout the kit to securely mount and fasten all components together.
Depending on your current exhaust set up, aerofabb® gives you height adjustability in order to accommodate most aftermarket exhausts.
CFD Optimized Aerodynamics
Using ANSYS Fluent Software for CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) we were able to optimize our design and further validate its functionality. As we are still developing more Competition Series aero (including flat floor panels) we opted to use an Ahmed model to showcase effectiveness until we simulate the entire vehicle with all components once complete.
Ultimately, lift and drag were greatly reduced from the Ahmed base simulations. Other inhibiting factors are taken into account on a real vehicles underbody vs an Ahmed Model however, this is where our additional Competition Series aero comes into play as a balanced packaged to increase their overall effectiveness.
NOTE: Estimated ship date is 6 weeks. There are no cancellations on Aerofabb products. Purchases are final!
- Fits Years 2022 (Golf R)
- Factory rear lower control arm "aero covers" must be removed
- CFD validated
- Increase MPG's
- Decrease Lift and Drag
- Direct Bolt-on with no modification necessary
- Pre-installed nuts on necessary brackets for painless installation
- CNC Precision machined planes
- CNC Precision machined strakes
- CNC precision machined brackets
- CNC precision press brake bent planes and brackets
- Durable and replaceable strake design
- Beautiful and Durable Powder Coat finish
- Installation Guide
- 5052 Aluminum Multi-piece Rear Diffuser (main plane, left & right planes, forward flat floor)
- 5052 Aluminum Rear Brackets
- 5052 Aluminum Mid Brackets
- 5052 Aluminum Forward Brackets
- 6 High-Impact/Heat-Resistant Replaceable Strakes
- Stainless Steel Metric Hardware with 4 height adjustment combinations to work with most aftermarket exhausts
- Loctite Threadlock
|MK8 R 2.0T I4 [MQB Evo]|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.