Product Questions & Answers
Product Questions & Answers
Be the first to ask a question!
This is the ultimate intake system for the 2.0T EA888.4 Engine. It’s a true full 109 mm intake system from the dual frontal inlet scoops all the way to the included turbocharger inlet adapter connecting directly to the turbo. The system is completely configurable making it an open or closed system, both with OEM inspired cover or more stylish carbon fiber covers in both twill and forged carbon fiber. The system is also compatible with stock and larger turbocharger systems, both OEM, hybrid, and aftermarket thanks to swappable back tubes and turbo inlet adapters. The system flows dramatically more than stock, has lower pressure drop, increases horsepower & torque, sounds better, looks better, is completely configurable to your desire, and comes in at a price point that’s unbelievably affordable. This is the only intake system you’ll ever need!
The APR intake system features dual frontal inlets which feed to a large airbox. This provides full frontal coverage of all inlets. Air feeds into the airbox, which comes as an open system for maximum flow and sound, but with various optional covers making the system a closed airbox design if you so choose. The covers simply snaps into place without any tools making install and removal simple. Within the airbox is our custom cotton gauze filter. It features a high flow filter material that provides exceptional filtration with very low pressure drop and restriction due to the filters large surface area and an additional frontal inlet scoop.
The filter attaches to the airbox and leads directly into our massive 109 mm (4.28”) turbo inlet pipe. The inlet pipe, which is often overlooked, is typically one of the most restrictive parts of the inlet system. We’ve improved upon this greatly. The cross-sectional area of our system is 99% larger than the factory at the airbox! It connects to the airbox with only a single hose clamp with no need for silicone couplers and adapter. This makes the install simple, and gives the system a very clean and professional look.
Next airflow is directed straight through the intake filter without any initial turns or bends after the filter. The most ideal airpath for maximum performance is a straight through pipe. While not always possible in all situations, every consideration was made to make this system as straight as possible to promote performance. The flow path was optimized with CFD to minimize pressure drop and turbulence within the controlled space. Even the flex section is integrated to allow for necessary movement with low profile ridges for minimal disruption. The system gradually necks down to the turbo inlet adapter. The pipe is oversized to allow for swapping inlet adapters for larger ones in the future for larger turbocharger setups. Once again a single clamp connects to two without any silicone adapters for a clean and easy install with less possibilities for leaks. The turbo inlet adapter features an ideal entrance into the turbocharger and port matches to turbo to prevent any disruptive airflow. Furthermore, unlike the factory inlets pipes, there are no sharp and disruptive bends directly before the turbocharger.
Simply put, this is the ultimate upgrade. We engineered our intake system as a full system because any system that’s designed to connect to any of the factory parts, from the airbox, to the turbo inlet pipe, or the turbo inlet adapter, will have sacrifices in airflow and performance. This is because the system will need to neck down to smaller diameters, or make sharp and harsh airflow disrupting bends.
To increase power on an intake system you must reduce pressure drop and increase airflow through the system. This allows the turbocharger to work less hard to product the same power, and in the case of many setups this frees up headroom so the turbo can pull in more air and make more power.
We tested the system in various configurations on vehicles with the factory Garret (GTI/A3 Platform) Turbo, and the factory Continental (Golf R/S3 Platform) Turbo. Furthermore tests were conducted with the airbox cover both open and closed. The full intake system was used from the frontal inlets all the way to the turbocharger itself. This is the most true test of the system as it will account for the largest restriction point, which is the turbocharger itself. Lastly, all tests were conducted under the same conditions, on the same day, on the same flow bench, at the same depression.
- Back Tube Conversion - The APR Intake System includes a full back tube and turbo inlet adapter. However, this allows you to convert the GTI/A3 style system (CI100052) to the Golf R/S3/Arteon style system (CI100053) which features a larger turbo inlet pipe at the turbo end, and a DV recirculation port for the throttle mounted Diverter valve.
- Continental Turbo Adapter - When upgrading turbochargers, a new turbo inlet adapter may be necessary. This adapter is used on the APR Intake System (CI100052) when upgrading to the Golf R/S3/Arteon's Continental or similar turbocharger.
- Air Intake Cover - The APR Intake System is sold as an open system but can be configured as a closed system by adding this cover. This cover has an OEM style appearance and snaps into place without the need for any tools. Additional airflow paths allow the system to pull additional air on high power setups, while also allowing more turbocharger sound. Available in plastic, carbon fiber twill, or forged carbon fiber finish.
- SAI Breather Filter - Replacement air filter for secondary air injection systems.
- Full intake system from the frontal inlets all the way and including the turbo inlet adapter
- Comes as an open intake system and is fully configurable as a closed system
- Optional OEM style cover (CI100052-A) or stylish carbon fiber covers in twill (CI100052-B) or forged carbon (CI100052-C)
- Specific system for both Garret (GTI/A3/etc) and Continental turbochargers (R/S3/etc)
- Removable and upgradable turbo back pipes and turbo inlet adapters, depending on configuration
- 109 mm inlet tube with a 99% larger cross sectional area at the airbox
- 11 AWHP / 11 AWFTLBS on a Stage 1 vehicle with no other changes (GTI/A3)
- Makes even more power with tuning specific changes, more mods, and larger turbocharger upgrades
- Up to 30% more airflow than stock when used on the factory turbo (GTI/A3)
- Up to 114% more airflow than stock when used on a larger turbo (GTI/A3)
- Lower pressure drop than stock
- Less strain on factory components compared to stock
- Better throttle and turbo response compared to stock
- Straight through design with no sharp or harsh bends and restrictions
- Integrated low-profile flex section
- Dual frontal inlets for maximum airflow
- Incredible sound with the system closed, and even more sound with the system open
- Works with any turbo upgrade and is configurable for future mods
- Easy to install with only 3 clamps for the entire system
- Optional covers install with ease, requiring no tools
- Turbo inlet adapter is removable and upgradable for larger turbochargers
- Upgradable to be compatible with an integrated DV recirculation
- Emissions compliant
- APR Intake System
|8Y A3 2.0T I4 [MQB Evo]|
|MK8 GTI 2.0T I4 [MQB Evo]|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.